Elkmont DPI End of Month Report
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) began at Elkmont
- Established Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Set PLP Technology Learning Goals among PLCs 3.7 Educate Alabama
- Training of 3rd - 12th grades on LCS GAFE Account
- Training of 3rd -12th grade Math Teachers on Khan Academy
- Established a weekly DPI time for each 3rd and 4th grade teacher to ensure DPI teachers/students are receiving at 75% of Instructional Technology Facilitators time each week
- Established a collaborative DPI calendar
- Established a weekly DPI blog post highlighting Elkmont’s progression with DPI and BYOD
- Created Flipped Learning technology tutorials for teachers. More tutorials will be added as requested.
Word Mosaics with Nouns
Word clouds, also called tag clouds or a weighted list, are a visual depiction of the
frequency tabulation of the words in any selected written material, such as lecture notes, a textbook chapter or an internet site. Font size is used to indicate frequency, so the larger the font size, the more frequently a word is used. (https://www.iupui.edu/~josotl/archive/vol_11/no_2/v11n2miley.pdf)
Our next steps once we master using Google Slides (formerly Google Presentations) is to:
- work collaboratively in groups within the classroom on a single Google Slide Presentation
- work collaboratively in groups with students in other classes on a single Google Slide Presentation
- work collaboratively in groups with students in other schools on a single Google Slide Presentation
Ms. English's 3rd grade students worked in collaborative groups using Google Slides to create presentations about National Landmarks. Students learned how to find and add images and edit text. Because of the collaborative nature using Google Slides this activity ranks in the Redefinition part of the SAMR Model.
Student Directors Premier at Elkmont
Ms. McMunn's 3rd grade students integrated their math lesson about grams and kilograms by creating an iMovie with items that represented each unit of measure.
This lesson is on the Redefinition level of the SAMR Model.