Twitter Tuesdays Begin Next Week At Elkmont!
Why should you tweet? If we don't tell our story at Elkmont High School no one will ever know just how AWESOME this school, it's teachers, administrators and students are! We have to step up and be willing to TELL OUR STORY!
No sure how to tweet? Check out a few of the tutorials below or see Ms. Robertson for a quick "how to".
Google Classroom & Khan Academy= Technologies of the Week at Elkmont
Linda Schmidt's students kicked off the week by completing a mathematics writing assignment that Ms. Schmidt had prepared and uploaded into the Google Classroom class she set up for students in advance. Once students had completed the writing assignment they moved on to learning how to access and move through Khan Academy with their Ms. Schmidt as their coach.
Ms. Gaston's 6th graders were next up to learn about the magic of Google Classroom. Ms. Gaston had prepared a writing assignment where students had to tell the steps for completing long division. Ms. Gaston's class also explore how students can use the comment feature to ask questions or engage in a two way conversation with Ms. Gaston. Next, Ms. Gaston's students were introduced to Khan Academy and began working on their individual learning paths within Khan.
This Daring Trio also dove into Khan Academy with their students! The 4th grade students enjoyed the freedom to move at their own pace and teach themselves rather than remain passive in the learning process. All agreed it was nice to have to power to pause and rewind when needed. Too bad our Dynamic Trio doesn't have a pause and rewind buttons!
Welcome To Elkmont!
Rewindable Learning Continues for Teachers at Elkmont
- Google Drive Basics- Google Documents
- Google Drive Basics- Google Presentations
- Google Drive Basics- Google Spreadsheets
- Google Drive Basics- Google Forms
Other tutorials available include:
- Google Classroom- Student Sign In
- Google Classroom- Teacher Sign In & Set Up
- Google Classroom- Setting Up A Class
- Google Classroom- Enrolling Students with a Class Code
- Google Classroom- Creating Assignments
- Khan Academy- Setting Yourself Up As A Coach (Teacher)
- Khan Academy- How A Student Signs Up & How A Student Adds A Coach
If there are any technology tutorials you would like for Ms. Robertson to create please email her HERE.