This Week SlideShow
DPI Parent Meetings
Below is the presentation parents and students saw during these meetings.
Celebrating Our Accomplishments
- 3rd and 4th grade teachers are using a shared Google Calendar to plan for DPI lessons and collaborations.
- 5th grade is using a shared Google Calendar to plan an awesome Project Based Learning lesson.
- Tessa Hardiman, 5th grade teacher, is a Twitter and Google Drive EXPERT! Yay!
- Tessa Hardiman and Candi Holt both have DonorsChoose Campaigns going to get technology in their 5th grade classrooms. Support Ms. Hardiman HERE and Ms. Holt HERE. If we all give a little they will meet their goal in no time at all!
- Ms. Walker/Ms. Dougherty are using Class Dojo, a classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily.
- Inclusion Teacher, Amanda Wilson, sat down with me for a mini tutorial on Twitter and Google Sheets.
- Michele Brazeal and Beth Bates wrote a grant for two MacBook Carts and have been using them ever since. I can't wait to stick my head in their rooms to see all the tricks they have up their sleeves for using MacBooks!
- I've heard tales that Math Teachers Katherine Pankey and Linda Schmidt are technology gurus! I'm looking forward to connecting with them more this year.
- The Elkmont Technology Committee is using a Google Doc to create an Acceptable Use Policy for the Bring Your Own Device initiative rolling out this year. Members are: Ethan Whiteside, Michele Brazeal, Beth Bates, Mary Beth Lewis, Katherine Pankey an Duane Wales.
- Missy Bailey has uploaded many of her files to her LCS Google Account for easy access and device agnostic ease of use for students.
- Limestone County School educators got into Twitter and #selfie during Institute Day using the hashtag #LCSforKids